Part two of my Heart-to-Heart with myself.
During that conversation with my family that took 3-4 hours long, my sister repeated this phrase twice, “Evaluate, Verify, and Validate.” Since she repeated herself, she obviously wanted me to focus my reflections on these three words. So let’s break it down, shall we?
verb: evaluate; 3rd person present:
- form an idea of the amount, number, or value of; assess.
- MATHEMATICSfind a numerical expression or equivalent for (an equation, formula, or function).
So let’s see, to Evaluate is to start forming, measuring, inspecting, so in this case, it’d be forming an idea for my Self.
- make sure or demonstrate that (something) is true, accurate, or justified.
OK, just as I thought, Verify is simply to confirm, plain and simple. The idea that is my Self will be.
- check or prove the validity or accuracy of (something).“these estimates have been validated by periodic surveys”
- demonstrate or support the truth or value of.“in a healthy family a child’s feelings are validated“
synonyms: prove, substantiate, corroborate, verify, support, back up, bear out,lend force to, confirm, justify, vindicate, authenticate
- make or declare legally valid.
synonyms: ratify, endorse, approve, agree to, accept, authorize, legalize,legitimize, warrant, license, certify, recognize
And Validate is simply the providing of the evidence. The reasons of why something is. Why I want this idea to be.
So there we have it. Now I have a place to start this Heart-to-Heart with myself. Hmm, I guess I’ll continue with each word in order and dive deeper into my Self, to see what’s the source of my problems and hopefully, I can fix this and bring balance and peace back into my life.